Tuesday, October 1, 2013

13 Nights of Halloween Countdown!

October 1st, that means Halloween month! The question has already started from Leyton, "When is Halloween?" A couple years ago I made a countdown for 13 Nights of Halloween. Each box has a family Halloween activity and a small treat like tattoo, spider ring, candy. I think we have a countdown/activity bucket for every month now, but it keeps us busy spending time together having fun rather than bored and nothing to think of to do. Plus, I love hearing how excited Leyton gets about every single holiday and month! He tells me everyday, "I am just all about having fun."


To make it I started with a blank canvas and painted it orange. Then painted 13 different little boxes (I found them at Hobby Lobby). After everything dried, I Mod Podged Halloween scrapbook paper on the box lids (Target Dollar Spot). I set them up on the canvas how I wanted and then just hot glued the base on the box on. Then just add number and you are ready for a family fun Halloween countdown - it starts on October 19!



 Some ideas of activities we have done in the past:


September was full of fun, but I am ready for the fall weather to come in October and stay! You just can not drink coffee all day and wear boots with hoodies in this 80 degree weather. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great countdown! Just letting you know I'm featuring this post on this week's Tuesday Tots post on Learn with Play at home. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete