Thursday, May 2, 2013

100 Days of Summer Bucket

Summer 2011 when Leyton was 2, I started a Summer Bucket list full of activities to complete. I just used a large poster and markers to create it. As we completed it, we put a sticker in the box. We completed everything on the list by the end of the summer! 


Last summer I updated it to using an actual bucket. I glued paper strips onto clothespins and wrote activities on each one. Then clipped them to the bucket, we had so many that they did not even fit around the bucket! Each time we completed an activity we threw it in the bucket. At the end of the summer I printed off pictures of most of the activities and Leyton matched the activity on the clothespin to the picture. This year I am going to make a project to hang the pictures up with clothespins as we complete them!


I also made a print to frame of some of the activities. We kept thinking of more things to do, so the print does not include everything we had on our "Bucket List".



Last summer was full of so many amazing adventures and memories. I am so excited to get the bucket out again to fill full of family fun! We will probably keep a lot of the same pins as last year as well as add some new ones. Last summer was full of fun and new places and activities. We went to Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, then back home to Texas with memories all along the way. 



Just one more week of classes and it is SUMMER for us! We usually start our summer bucket activities Memorial Day weekend, so I still have a few weeks to finish this years list. I am already thinking of new ideas to add to our bucket this year!   There are so many good ones out there for inspiration and activity ideas. Happy Summer :)



Update: We made this years list above. I found a neat free website that you can type words into and it creates the words into whatever shape you want (circles, peace sign, hearts, and more!). I got this printed poster size to hang next to our buckets. I made 100 pins since we have 100 Days of Summer this year before classes start back, 20 of them are still blank to fill in as we go on trips, etc! I also made a Summer Journal for Leyton to write about and draw some of his activities. He is always asking how to spell and loves to draw, so this will be good practice. 



3 comments:

  1. Beyond cute!! and it's such a fun list. I'm so glad you shared this at the summer bucket list party. I think I might copy your idea for the word art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! The poster will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got a lot of fun activities planned on your bucket list! Everyone will have a blast this summer. Love the idea about printing out a page of all the activities, very cute!

    ReplyDelete