Thursday, July 18, 2013

Super Hero Hunt

What boy (or girl!) does not love Super Heros?! One of Leyton's request for the Summer Bucket list was Super Hero day, so I wrote it on a pin. I was not sure what to do at the time, but threw something together that he is still asking to do again. I set all of his Super Hero stuff out for him to wake up too. The cape was an easy project that I made for his birthday out of felt for a few dollars - his Super Hero name is "Lightning Leyton."



We watched a Superman cartoon during breakfast and then read a few Iron Man and Batman books after lunch. A rare nap was the perfect opportunity to set up the Super Hero Hunt! A Super Villain came and kidnapped some of Leyton's toys during nap and there were six clues to guide him to finding his toys and a surprise at the end.

 

1st Clue: (Thomas was in the tree.)
Uh oh a super villain had visited your room,
If you want to find your missing toys you will have to zoom!
Thomas is no longer in your train tub,
Perhaps you should look in a tree or a shrub?
 2nd Clue: (Mater was in the truck.)
Now let’s recue some more of your toys,
Tow Mater was taken to somewhere in the truck that makes noise!
 3rd Clue: (Fireman was tapped to the garbage can.)
You found two, now what is your plan?
Sounds like I hear fireman shouting, “save me” from near the garbage can.
 4th Clue: (Lego man was inside the garden hose.)
You are the best superman I have ever seen,
Check for a lego man trapped in something outside you use to get clean.
 5th Clue: (Batman was in the freezer.)
The super villain got your batman I am told,
Race to the place the keeps our food cold.
Final: (Batman was frozen in a block of ice and Leyton had to use hammer to free him.
Batman is trapped beneath the ice, frozen it time,

You will have to think hard of how to free him from this crime.

A super job you did to save the day,

Your toys are so happy they can continue to play. 






There was a final prize at the end with a couple Target Dollar Spot Super Hero prizes and a free card I made at Treat. I just stuck the Batman in a bowl with water and froze it overnight and Leyton used the hammer to free him, he loved this part.


Lightning Leyton was so excited to run to each clue. We have done scavenger/treasure hunts before and I was shocked at how fast he ran to each one, the cape must have made him faster!


This is a great activity for little Super Heroes or even for a Super Hero party. You can adapt the clues to whatever toys or places to hide them. I am still new to blogging thing, so I don't know how to upload Word files to share. If you would like the clues with pictures, you can email me and I will send the Word file! 


1 comment:

  1. this is such a good idea for kids! I love the free batman part. your son looks like he's having a blast!

    Em

    Win a pair of Manitobah Moccasins!

    ReplyDelete