Classes have started back and summer has come to a close. Every year I think, "Wow that was the best summer," and this year is no different. We had so much fun, travel, and memories to last a lifetime. I finally caught up with our summer scrapbook and Leyton loves looking through it. It is so fun to hear him remember parts of our summer and tell stories about our adventures. We sure did have a lot of them... a week in Colorado, two weeks in Arkansas, and then off to Wyoming (Yellowstone) for a week. I am bad about getting pictures organized and printed, so this summer my goal was to make a scrapbook. Smashbook was the perfect scrapbook solution for busy on the go people. It is a spiral book with pretty pages already in it, all you have to do is glue in pictures, receipts, maps, and anything else. It was so quick to just be able to print and stick pictures in and already have pretty pages to work with. I added extra paper and stickers to some pages, but still much simpler than a normal scrapbook. We had 100+ fun summer activities and this book fit them all, with a few pages to spare. A peek at a few pages - I already ordered another one to make for holiday season.
As much as we hated to see summer end. Leyton was excited to go back to preschool to meet new friends and teachers this week. He is only going 3 days a week this semester since I can do a lot of online classes and home work while he is home. We also started preschool at home 2 days a week. I had him set personal learning goals and he wants to learn to read loader books and learn the rest of the states (he knows about 15 states and locations now of places we have been). One of my books for class came in today (Naked Eggs and Flying Potatoes: Unforgettable Experiments That Make Science Fun), Leyton has already looked through it and asked to do every experiment, so we will be doing a lot of science fun too.



No comments:
Post a Comment